Ansible’s play in the industry.
Ansible is a configuration management (CM) tool from Redhat, which allows you to automate almost every requirement in the industry. It seamlessly unites workflow orchestration with configuration management, provisioning, and application deployment in one easy-to-use and deploys platform.
Regardless of where you start with Ansible, you’ll find our simple, powerful and agentless automation platform has the capabilities to solve your most challenging problems.
It has become a great aid for automation and DevOps Industry. It can help you get through various use cases like Provisioning, Configuration management, Application Deployment, CI/CD, Security Automation, Orchestration and lot more.
It is a python based tool and uses YAML and jinja while being put out to work. Major brands like AWS, Azure, Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, Splunk take advantage of Ansible.
Let us look at how is Cisco extracting benefits out of Ansible.
CISCO ENABLES DevOps
As customers embrace the DevOps model to accelerate application deployment and achieve higher efficiency in operating their data centres, the infrastructure needs to change and respond faster than ever to business needs. These changes can help you achieve an agile operational model by improving on automation, innovation, and consistency.
The Cisco Nexus platform allows you to easily:
- Integrate your applications into your customer’s existing DevOps tools chain
- Improve flexibility in installing and deploying whatever protocol package or custom applications you need on the switch
- Get open and full access to switch resources and data
The feature-richness in Cisco Nexus NX-OS combined with the scaling and performance capabilities enable customers to build efficient data centres.
The Ansible integration with Cisco Nexus platforms enables customers to take advantage of programming and automating the infrastructure at scale with speed.
Ansible accelerates Day 0, 1 and 2 operations in the following ways:
- Day 0 — Automates device bring up
- Day 1 — Push network configurations to maintain consistency across the infrastructure
- Day 2 — Optimizes network compliance and operation
The combined Ansible and Cisco solution provides:
- Speed IT Transformation
- Leverage Open Ecosystem
- Efficient Operational Model
- Faster Adoption
- Improve Speed and Agility
get more info from — https://www.ansible.com/use-cases